Finding it difficult to fall asleep? Waking up early and can’t sleep again? well here are top tips to get a better night’s sleep without the use of medication.
without the use of medication, sounds good” so the majority of causes of insomnia are due to life events rather than a physical illness like stress, anxiety, smoking and drinking too much, watching TV and playing on our phones before we go to bed and these are all the kinds of things that can trick our bodies into wanting to stay active rather than going to sleep.
We saw so many patients who have insomnia and most of them want these, sleeping tablets but, most pharmacists, GPs, and nurse practitioners tend not to recommend this & amp; here’s why firstly they can be addictive, secondly, they don’t promote restful sleep and thirdly they’re not fixing the root of the problem so here are top tips let’s begin.
Top tips to treat insomnia naturally
- Daytime habits first set a specific time to wake up and go to sleep every day. wake up at 6 a.m. every day of this when it’s nighttime you will fall asleep almost straight away and it’s because of your body.
- It loves a cycle exercise in the day so you’re tired before you go to bed.
- Bedtime habits try not to watch TV or play on your phones whilst in bed or before going to bed because what it does is reduces the melatonin we produce which is the hormone that makes us feel more sleepy.
- Avoid big meals before going to bed avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks, and smoking especially in the evening as these are going to stimulate you so you won’t fall asleep.
- It’s also worth mentioning that some prescribed medicines can also interfere with your sleep so if these symptoms have suddenly come about and you’ve been prescribed something new then speak to your pharmacist and they can check this for you and if you have a lot going on in your life which a lot of people do then try these calming techniques.
- Lastly, let’s move on to the bedroom environment which I find is often overlooked have your bedroom at the right temperature and the best temperature has been found to be between 15.5 to 20 degrees use thick curtains to block out any morning sun or any light coming from street lights.
- Use the right bedding for the time of the year.
if you’re still having trouble sleeping after using all these tips then have a word with your GP, pharmacist, or nurse practitioner.
if you found this information useful please help spread the word like, share and tag friends who will find this information useful.